Desiree says she was very nervous about this, largely because of taking pictures of herself - but I think she looks great, very sultry, and I love all the tiny details she has changed on her set. Anything that involves skulls is also likely to get Morgana's vote!
I've added her notes on the changes and I would say that they required some specialist skills (I wouldn't trust myself with pleating!).
- I made it a halter instead of regular straps. In the centre back there is a piece of velvet ribbon connecting what once were the shoulder straps.
- Added sequins and beads to the sides of the cups. (Although it may not seem like a lot, there are hours and hours of work in this and I even ran out of black sequins.)
- Changed the centre bow for a birds skull came with a glass pearl dangle.
- Added a black lace collar to the halter. It is made of a soft lace that I pleated, but not before flat lining it with a non stretch mesh fabric, often used for modern day petticoats.
- I changed the centre bow for a birds skull came with a glass pearl dangle.
In the pictures you see me wearing the set teamed up with the What Katie Did Antoinette corset (in black satin) and a skirt that I made myself that is a flock silk taffeta fabric.